My photo
I live in the beautiful state of Wisconsin. I'm a wife and stay at home mom of 3 sons. I love to paint, sew, knit, stitch and create. I enjoy selling my creations at local fairs, ebay and here on my blog. When I not crafting I love to decorate my home. I'm always moving furniture, painting or switching things around. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day~*~Leanne~*~

Thursday, February 12, 2015

My Twisted Heart

I'm done! 

Well at least the top is done. 
I know you can't tell from the picture but the fabric squares in this quilt are small 1 inch square...1 inch. I can't believe I did this.  I love how this turned out.  The whole quilt top is 16 inches square. 

I'm not sure what to do now.


I think I want to frame it.  

Now what do I do?

 Do I add a thin batting? Do I quilt it?
Any tips on framing?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Enjoy you day,
Leanne 

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Amazing job Leanne!!!! and with such little pieces.I'm very impressed :)
If you don't want to put it in a frame, you could use a thin batting and a complimentary piece of fabric for the back. Then for a wall hanging, sew a narrow pocket across the back, slide a dowel in that and hang from the dowel. Or add some tabs. Here are some ideas:
http://thesewingloftblog.com/2014/07/30/how-to-hang-your-quilt/

~*~Leanne~*~ said...

Thanks for the ideas. I checked it out and decided to quilt the heart. Quilters are so helpful.