My photo
I live in the beautiful state of Wisconsin. I'm a wife and stay at home mom of 3 sons. I love to paint, sew, knit, stitch and create. I enjoy selling my creations at local fairs, ebay and here on my blog. When I not crafting I love to decorate my home. I'm always moving furniture, painting or switching things around. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day~*~Leanne~*~

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Finished.....

I finished "My Twisted Heart" 
pattern by Primitive Gatherings.

I thought I would frame it but after an email from my cousin, Janet I changed my mind. 
She is an amazing quilter!
She suggested I quilt it, bind it and hang it. 
This scared me a little because I never machine quilted before.


 I have always been afraid to try but after watching several videos I thought I was ready to try.  
I made up a few quilt sandwiches and practiced meandering. 
On with the quilt....

See the quilting on the back.




I used red thread for the heart and border, off white for the light beige around the heart. 
You can see the heart shape on the back. 
 Don't look too close because it's not perfect.

I love how it turned out!




Here's my next project.  I'll show you more when I get closer to finishing it. 
Yes, it's another Primitive Gatherings pattern.

Stay warm and happy stitching,
Leanne

2 comments:

PatC - All is Bright said...

It turned out beautiful! Great job.

Pat

Gayle said...

I made a little twister heart recently too - it's all layered and ready to be quilted as soon as I get around to it. Love seeing your 4-patches - they're the darling of blogland right now I think.