My photo
I live in the beautiful state of Wisconsin. I'm a wife and stay at home mom of 3 sons. I love to paint, sew, knit, stitch and create. I enjoy selling my creations at local fairs, ebay and here on my blog. When I not crafting I love to decorate my home. I'm always moving furniture, painting or switching things around. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day~*~Leanne~*~

Sunday, January 12, 2014

20 Years in the Making...

As I was putting away my Christmas things I had to take pictures of some of the new things I made this year.
 
See this cute Santa on wheels? 
He was a little painting project I started 20 years ago...yes 20 years.
My girlfriend Barb and I took painting classes when our children were in grade school and continued to paint together for many years.
We had this Santa that was almost done but needed a little something here and there.
Every holiday we would talk about finishing them but never did.
This year we finished them!

 As we were painting we wondered how long it had been since we started.  Looking at the pattern packet it was copyrighted in 1993. Back then we painted new patterns that would come out so I know we started them in 1993, It's amazing that we still had the pieces and knew where they were.
I even moved since we stared Santa.
The paints were dried up but we found replacements...can't believe they still had the colors.
I'd like to share with you 20 Years in the Making Santa on Wheels.

Another thing I finished this holiday was this cross stitch Santa pocket. I haven't cross stitched in about 25 years.  My eyes aren't as good as back then but I found a light with a magnifying glass on it.  It works great! I started this last year and love how it turned out.

 I also made this cross stitch snowman...love him too!
 
 
 Both patterns are from Brenda Gervais of With Thy Needle and Thread.
St Noel is the Santa pocket and Oh Christmas Tree is the snowman.
 I also added some penny rugs on ebay
 
Stay warm and healthy,
Leanne

 

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the santa on wheels-I would love to be able to paint! Well done! The cross stitch is beautiful-I love it all!
Michelle

Primitive Stars said...

Sweet Santa and love the cross stitch, beautiful, Blessings Francine.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Many wonderful creations!!!
Love the Santa!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin