My photo
I live in the beautiful state of Wisconsin. I'm a wife and stay at home mom of 3 sons. I love to paint, sew, knit, stitch and create. I enjoy selling my creations at local fairs, ebay and here on my blog. When I not crafting I love to decorate my home. I'm always moving furniture, painting or switching things around. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day~*~Leanne~*~

Friday, March 2, 2012

Penny Rugs? No, Raggedies...

I know you're used to seeing penny rugs and wool applique here on my blog but...
Did I ever tell you how much I love making Raggedies?

I love picking out the fabrics for their dresses.


Making their aprons...almost every raggedy needs an apron and some pretty pantaloons.


Picking out the right yarn for their hair.


Or should I say their wild hair.
I used to be a hairdresser so fixing her hair is very fun to me...the wilder the better.
Adding big bows or pieces of homespun to finish off their hair....how cute!


I love making their faces...button eyes with big eyelashes, stitched noses, blushed cheeks and their little smiles or maybe no mouth at all.
They each take on a little personality of their own.


When I'm finished with all the pieces I dress them and make them all neat and pretty.
Maybe add a little something, something in their hands...like this Raggedy with the gingerbread in her arms.


But the best part of making these little raggedy dolls is seeing who they will go home with.
When I sell them at fairs my customers always share with me where my raggedy will sit or who will receive her as a gift and for what occasion or who she will be sent to...their state or country...I love hearing that!

If you would like to take home one of these dolls I have listed them on ebay or you can always email me.
Click here to see more pictures on ebay.

Enjoy your weekend,
Leanne

No comments: