My photo
I live in the beautiful state of Wisconsin. I'm a wife and stay at home mom of 3 sons. I love to paint, sew, knit, stitch and create. I enjoy selling my creations at local fairs, ebay and here on my blog. When I not crafting I love to decorate my home. I'm always moving furniture, painting or switching things around. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day~*~Leanne~*~

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Family Tradition Continues....

Easter is near and I thought I would share this old post with you.
It makes me laugh everytime I think about.
I'll share a picture of our lamb today at the end of this story.

This is the lamb cake my mother-in-law makes for Easter.
It's a tradition in my husbands family. The lamb is perfect for Easter and the cake is real yummy.
My husband loves the cake so much that we had to start our own tradition.
"The day before Easter you get to eat the Keaster."
This year I let him start it on Friday...big mistake...more than the keaster is gone.

We have 11 people coming for Easter brunch and the lamb cake was going to be my dessert.
 Do you think I have enough?????

Problem solved!
We met my mother-in-law at church on Easter and told her how much of the lamb cake was gone. She brought hers over and twin lamb cakes...with no keasters.
I knew that would make you laugh.

This years lamb cake.

We started the lamb on Friday afternoon and this is what it looks like on Saturday morning.
We are not hosting Easter this year.
I don't need to save the lamb for dessert so I really don't care how much the family eats.
Do you think we'll have any left on Easter?
I don't....lol.

Enjoy your Easter,
Leanne

13 comments:

Maureen said...

OH MY GOSH that's just too funny! Sounds like a terrific Easter celebration :)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Leanne!! What a hoot! I love your two-headed lamb! I am sending you over to my friend Linda at Nina's Nest for her equally disturbing lamb cake story..
http://ninasnest.blogspot.com
You two need to meet!!! lol Hope you had a good Easter...hugs...Debbie

Ginger said...

That is so funny. The cake looks delicious!!

Jill said...

Hysterical... I love the cake!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Leeanne,
That is the funniest and aren't you clever girl! Cindy

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Very cute...
It is a work of art that cake...

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Hi Leanne, your lamb is adorable! Debbie told me about it. You need to come over to Nina's Nest and check out my lamb cake - his head fell off! Fortunately I repaired him! Linda

Anonymous said...

What a cute Easter story. I love the lamb cake!

Melissa Miller said...

Leanne this tooo funny!
HAHA! I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi I happened upon your blog and now I'm giggling. Thank you. Those lambs are really cute!

Joyce said...

Now that was cute.
Joyce

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Leanne,
You had asked me earlier about painting the medallion in our dining room.

It actually came that color. It's kind of a deep Bronze that's a perfect match to the light fixture.
For $20 dollars I just love the look it adds.

Let us see if you put one in on yours!

Have a wonderful week.
~Merlissa :)

Doris said...

The perfect lamb cake! Meets you comin' and goin' Looks really delish!