I'm making progress on my Sunflower and Bittersweet table cloth.
I used some of the overdyed wools I made.
It's been fun and I couldn't wait to get this far.
I start stitching and I don't want to put it down.
Yesterday I was pressing it and do you see what happened?
There on the side....
No, I didn't get it dirty.
Worse than that.
I burnt the edge of the piece with the iron...I can't believe I did that!
I've been so careful while making this piece!
When you burn it...that's it.
Live and Learn I'll never do that again.
So my table cloth will be a little smaller then I wanted it to be.
Thank goodness I made the base a little larger than the pattern called for.
I'm hoping to overdye more wool this week.
I need some yellow tones and reds and maybe more greens and oranges.
I feel if I'm dyeing wool I should do a bunch because it takes a long time
to wait for the wool to soak up the dye. If I'm waiting on one color why not wait on several colors.
I'm so impatient I can't wait to see the new colors.
Enjoy your day,