My photo
I live in the beautiful state of Wisconsin. I'm a wife and stay at home mom of 3 sons. I love to paint, sew, knit, stitch and create. I enjoy selling my creations at local fairs, ebay and here on my blog. When I not crafting I love to decorate my home. I'm always moving furniture, painting or switching things around. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day~*~Leanne~*~

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Girls Weekend, quilt shops, wine....

Girls Weekend with the Bunco Girls!
We've been doing this for years...about 12.
We usually stay within 2 hours away from home.
This years destination....Madison, Wisconsin.
Madison is the capital of Wisconsin. I have never been to the capital at least not this close.
So I had to have proof that I was there. 
Saturday we went to a quilt shop,  yarn shop, gift stores, for a wine tour and tasting. We had planed to do a brewery tour but ran out of time...spent too much time wine tasting. :)
My purchases were mostly at JJ Stitches a quilt shop.
I bought some patterns, wool and fabric...I can't go into a quilt store without buying fabric...it just wouldn't be right. :)
More purchases were at a gift shop A Day in the Country where they had punch needle with wool yarn.
You can make rugs this way. It looks a lot like rug hooking.
I just couldn't stop looking at the stuff. The yarns. The patterns. The finished samples.  They have such a warm feeling, kind of old with a sense of history to the pieces.
I've read about punching with wool yarn on some of the blogs I follow and wanted to try it.
So I bought a oxford punch, a sunflower patter and the yarn to finish the project.
I started this sunflower mat and didn't put it down until I was finished.
I love punching with wool yarn! I will definitely be doing more projects!

I also did something different yesterday...I'll share that with you in another post.

Enjoy your day,
Leanne


No comments: